Root & Branch will update this policy periodically. You should check this page to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
Information Collected and Use of Information
1. If you wish to receive our newsletter, we will ask for your name and email address. We retain your name and email address securely and we use this information to keep in touch with you, informing you of news and events. Your information is retained until you confirm you wish to unsubscribe.
We do not share this data with any third party.
You may unsubscribe from our email newsletter and request to have your data erased from our records by emailing us at
You can subscribe again at any time.
2. If you make a donation online you are directed to our donation page operated by Wonderful. This is a secure payment service provided by a non profit organisation You will be asked for your Credit or debit card details to administer the transaction.
We cannot see, nor do we store your payment details. If you request Gift Aid to be applied to your donation, Wonderful will pass to us details of your donation, your name and address so that we can claim the Gift Aid from HMRC. We are then required by HMRC regulations to retain this data for six years.
3. If you download a form from our website
You can use our website to download the following forms:
· Membership Application From
· Trustee Expression of Interest Form
· Volunteer Application Form
· Referral Form (contains its own Data Protection Declaration)
Each form will require you to complete your personal details which may include:
· Name and title
· Contact information including email address
· Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
· Relevant background information
· Other information relevant to our therapeutic and charitable work
We ask you to download the relevant form, complete, sign and send it to us. This information is retained securely by Root & Branch whilst it is processed. We only collect information that is relevant to the application process and will only retain the information for the duration of the application process. If your application is unsuccessful your information will not be retained by Root & Branch.
We do not share this information with any third party unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
You can help protect the security of your information by never letting others see your details whilst using our site.
Any individual affected by a data breach will be informed immediately the breach is discovered. The breach will be reported within the organisation within 72 hours of the incident and, where appropriate, to the Information Commissioner’s Office. The breach will be handled in accordance with the Root & Branch IT Data Management Policy-012.
5. Your Rights: Under the new General Data Protection Regulations and under the Data Protection Act 1998, you may request details of any personal information that we hold about you. To do so, please write to Root & Branch, Westmill Farm, Watchfield SN6 8TH. If you believe that any information we are holding is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us or email
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know
when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website. For further information we recommend visiting
7. Links to other websites
Our website contains links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.